Monday, March 8, 2010

Why You Should Consider Working in Korea

Since returning to Canada, I have met many people who are amazed that I went, amazed that I stayed so long (11 years), and amazed at what I have to tell them about life over there.

When I first went over just out of university, it was immediately clear that this would be a life-changing experience. Whether it was to be a good experience or not, was not so clear. After putting in the time and falling in love with the people, the land, the life, there would soon be no doubt for me that it was the best possible thing I could have done at that point in my life.

Going to Korea will change your life. Whether it will be a fantastic time, filled with social and professional experiences and wonderful memories to last a lifetime, as was the case for me, depends on you.

It depends on your attitude- your openness to new ideas, adventures, food, and people.

It depends on your personality - whether you're an active, friendly, helpful person who likes to be around others.

It depends on the amount of thought and preparation you put into getting ready to go - the research you do, the questions you ask, the choices you make.

And it depends on getting advice and support from someone who has been there for 11 years, and seen some of the worst things that can happen, and had some of the best experiences one can have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment